Thursday, September 29, 2011

Numbers that Count

Now that Jefferson is back on the team, let me make my argument why he should NEVER see the field.

1. 11th rated passer in SEC last season. Second to last.

2. 92nd rated passer in NCAA last season.

3. 10th in the SEC in yards per attempt.

4. 83rd in the country in completion percentage.

5. For a "QB that makes plays with his feet" he averaged a paltry 3.66 per carry in 2010. Take out the 83 yard run against Tennessee and he only averaged THREE yards a carry on the other 122 rushes.

6. He ranked OUTSIDE the top 100 in passing yards per game. I can't even tell you his rank out of the 120 FBS schools because the rankings don't post beyond 100.

7. Of the 19 SEC QB's rated for 4th quarter efficiency in 2010, Jefferson was 16th.

8. Of the 15 SEC QB's rated for 3rd down efficiency in 2010, Jefferson was rated 13th.

9. Amongst QB's, Jefferson was ranked 9th in the SEC in yards per play at 5.6.

So tell me what this guy brings to the table...

3 comments:

Scotty B said...

Drama!

Anonymous said...

according to Miles last night, "a specific skill set" I'll never understand what Miles sees in him. But I'd bet money that he'll play.

Scotty B said...

Perhaps Miles has made such an emotional investment in Jefferson that he cannot imagine that this kid isn't the key to victory. Remember the preseason hard sell that he made of Jefferson's prospects?
I wasn't buying then. I am not buying now.