Monday, September 07, 2009

Week 1 Random Thoughts

*Terrelle Pryor will be a great college QB, but he’s got a very funky throwing motion. Many of his passes look like ugly floaters. OSU looked pretty tame against Navy. I know USC is next so the Suckeyes were probably looking ahead, but come on. Championship teams look much sharper than this.  BTW: Terrelle Pryor just needs to shut up and play football...

*Greg Paulus looked great for Syracuse, up until he threw a terrible interception in OT. Guy hasn’t played football in four years then comes in and looks like a 5th year senior. Oh wait, he is a 5th year senior.

*Penn State looked very good. Same goes for the Mighty Spartans, Michigan and Northwestern. I now it’s Akron, Montana State, Towson St. and Western Mich, but they all looked sharp.

* The MSU front office needs to pay Dantonio whatever he wants. That guy will win a Big 10 Title before he leaves East Lansing.

*The Big 10 still looks mediocre on the whole. Iowa needed TWO last second blocked FG to beat a I-AA team. OSU barely survived Navy. Indiana beat I-AA Eastern Kentucky by 5. Minnesota was forced into overtime before beating Syracuse. Illinois got drilled by Mizzu.  Wisconsin had to hold off Northern Illinois to win by 8.

*If Ron Zook doesn’t make a bowl this season, he needs to go. They looked terrible against Missouri.

*If he does get run, the Illini need to sprint down the road to Cincinnati.  Brian Kelly has done a fantastic job with the Bearcats.

*Speaking of the Nati, they went into New Jersey and laid down a Tony Soprano style beating on Rutgers.  Looks like the Big Least is Cincinnati's for the taking.

*The Big 10 looks downright unstoppable compared to the ACC.  The ACC was 0-4 versus BCS conference teams.  Virginia and Duke even lost to I-AA teams!  Stay tuned!

*BYU is pretty good. I know Bradford got knocked out, but BYU is the real deal.

*That Alabama v. Virginia Tech game was great.  Tech's offense is awful, but they stayed in the game until the very end.  I have to tip my hat to Saban, as of right now, Bama looks to be the best team in the West.

*I am writing this as I watch the FSU v. Miami game.  It is 31-24 FSU with 9:30 left in the 4th quarter. Damn it's good to have college football back.

*I love the guy in the Miller High Life commercials...

*Guys, do yourself a favor and check out this dude's blog on Sports Illustrated's web site.  I was so distracted I don't even know if the blog makes sense.

No comments: