Thursday, August 11, 2005

Off Season Random Musings

  • "I chuck it down there, just to let people know we'll throw deep. If you don't throw it deep, they'll never back up." - Steve Spurrier
  • I for one am glad to see Darth Visor back in the SEC.
  • I like Purdue to win the Big 11. 21 starters return and the schedule excludes Ohio State and Michigan.
  • Since the inception of the BCS, one of the two top teams in the initial Coaches Poll has been in the Championship Game. So USC and Texas would seem to have a leg up, if you believe in streaks.
  • I’m going to go a little crazy with my Championship Game prediction. USC vs. Purdue. I think USC will lose one game but won’t fall from one of the top two spots. I just like Purdue and their schedule. No Michigan or OSU. They play at Minnesota, at Wisconsin and at Penn State with their toughest game at home versus Iowa. The Boilermaker’s 2004 season reminds me of the 2002 LSU team. Similar record (7-5 vs 8-5 for LSU), strong start a with mid season swoon and lost their bowl game. I know it is a reach, but picking USC vs. LSU is just too much pressure for me to handle.
  • Michigan State will make a Bowl Game, Penn State will not.
  • I am sick of T.O. Go blow out a knee or something and let ESPN move on.
  • The number of games on TV is staggering. I’ll have four going at once and it still won’t be enough.
  • Upon learning of Spurrier’s return to the SEC, Phil Fulmer’s first thought was, “Aw Crap.”
  • There is no way to be fully prepared to have a child.

1 comment:

Prowler said...

I admit, it is a long shot. I agree 100% that Purdue must go 11-0. But looking at all the teams from 2-20, I think they have as good a shot as any.